Animal Puncher Animal Puncher

Indie Gem

I think Animal Puncher's main success is the torrent of negative comments and poor scores, from people who are scared of a little aggressive, first person narrative. I'm sure the creators are loving all of the controversy and hate-mail garnered, by a game which was clearly intended to make the player feel uncomoftable. The plot was fantastic and well paced and the short nature of the game was perfect, in as much as it allows the player to take the reins on the mind of a disturbed child, just long enough to appreciate the creativity behind it, without it becoming a very disturbing bore.

I have a penchant for chip-tunes and so I naturally, really enjoyed the audio. The gameplay was fairly poor and there were no real mechanics other than 'mash these buttons'. But I won't hold that against the game, because it was clearly intended to be subserviant to the plot.

Overall, Animal Puncher is a fantastic little indie Gem and a great way to kill five minutes.....or some imaginary animals.

Road of the Dead Road of the Dead

So Good I Actually Wrote a Review!

I'm not a particularly prolific review writer, but I enjoyed this game so much that I felt compelled to give it a verbal thumbs-up. The car feels both easy and intuitive to control and it is great to see a game which actually put some thought into the various ways in which a car can get battered up. The levelling system does a good job of keeping things interesting and the gore is beautifully grim.

However, this game's true triumph comes in the form of audio design. The voice acting is of a major release standard and the constant dribble of story-line coming through the car's radio is exactly what the game needs to stave off boredom on the road. The satisfactory splash of the water on your flaming car and the grind of your door against the side pannels on the highway all sound authentic and really help immerse the player. I'd be interested to learn whether or not the voice acting is all done by one man, because if it is, then he deserves a medal.

The one and only complaint I'd offer is that there seems to be a lack of variety when it comes to obstacles on the road, but it is a minor flaw which is easily compensated for by the all-round experience.

Love Madness Love Madness

Mind Blow!

This is some of the most creative and dare i say? Progressive work that i have seen grace newgrounds. Well done.

Via Sol &amp;lt;RTS Sim Game&amp;gt; Via Sol <RTS Sim Game>

Teach Me!

May I suggest some sort of tutorial for us less psychic players of this game? I'm not a dumbass, I just can't be botheres to read a manual on how to play this game.

Flyborg responds:

There is a tutorial which explains the function of each building, along with some tips. There's a link in the game, but my website got flooded with views and is down at the moment. :(

Carious Weltling 2 Carious Weltling 2

Spelling!

I hate to sound like a nerd but what is going on with the spelling in this game. The game itself is a credit to this website though.

Maganic Wars Final Maganic Wars Final

What the hell is going on man?

Forgive me my friend, I am english. I have never heard of magic cards. You quite clearly have designing ability in flash and this is a very well made game but it is in no way explanitory. What I mean is. I had no idea what I was doing. You really need to make a tutorial for this game. Otherwise, good job.

Breaking-Point Breaking-Point

The Shit!

This is one of the best games I have ever played on newgrounds. If you are only 14 then who knows what you can become int he future, perhaps make a career of this! The only bad thing about this game was the spelling but it is only a minor problem and it will improve with time. Great job, I look forward to seeing your future work.

Raadad responds:

hey yeah im gladyou liked the game, yeah i fell front page is an acomplishmen. expect my upcoming game to be called spermicide, were you play as a sperm that tries to make it to the egg, oh yeah and there wont be 1 spelling mistake in it for the newgrounds spelling criticts

boggy loo! v3 boggy loo! v3

Just one problem

This flash kicks ass, there is only one complaint I have about this flash. The jumping system is a bit dodgy, but apart from that, great job!

Windows XP sim Windows XP sim

Fucking Hilarious!

That cracked up soooo much. I laughed really hard, a great parody. Keep em coming.

completely-random responds:

thanks

the classroom 2 the classroom 2

Brill!

This is one of the best games I have played in a long time.