FBF Craziness FBF Craziness

Good Stuff!

I really liked it and you do actually see a lot of this stuff in the portal that is similar to this and it doesnt normally make it through the portal, and neither will this, probably. But if it was up to me, I would put it on the front page. And just for the record, the music fitted the animation very well.

My Tear for London My Tear for London

Touching

Very touching, very beautiful, I feel your sorrow.

Mr Wombelton Mr Wombelton

Sound wrecked it!

You are quite clearly a talented animator, now if only you would invest in a decent microphone to top it all off. This was a good flash but the scratchy sound made it too hard on the ears.

Animal Puncher Animal Puncher

Indie Gem

I think Animal Puncher's main success is the torrent of negative comments and poor scores, from people who are scared of a little aggressive, first person narrative. I'm sure the creators are loving all of the controversy and hate-mail garnered, by a game which was clearly intended to make the player feel uncomoftable. The plot was fantastic and well paced and the short nature of the game was perfect, in as much as it allows the player to take the reins on the mind of a disturbed child, just long enough to appreciate the creativity behind it, without it becoming a very disturbing bore.

I have a penchant for chip-tunes and so I naturally, really enjoyed the audio. The gameplay was fairly poor and there were no real mechanics other than 'mash these buttons'. But I won't hold that against the game, because it was clearly intended to be subserviant to the plot.

Overall, Animal Puncher is a fantastic little indie Gem and a great way to kill five minutes.....or some imaginary animals.

Road of the Dead Road of the Dead

So Good I Actually Wrote a Review!

I'm not a particularly prolific review writer, but I enjoyed this game so much that I felt compelled to give it a verbal thumbs-up. The car feels both easy and intuitive to control and it is great to see a game which actually put some thought into the various ways in which a car can get battered up. The levelling system does a good job of keeping things interesting and the gore is beautifully grim.

However, this game's true triumph comes in the form of audio design. The voice acting is of a major release standard and the constant dribble of story-line coming through the car's radio is exactly what the game needs to stave off boredom on the road. The satisfactory splash of the water on your flaming car and the grind of your door against the side pannels on the highway all sound authentic and really help immerse the player. I'd be interested to learn whether or not the voice acting is all done by one man, because if it is, then he deserves a medal.

The one and only complaint I'd offer is that there seems to be a lack of variety when it comes to obstacles on the road, but it is a minor flaw which is easily compensated for by the all-round experience.

Love Madness Love Madness

Mind Blow!

This is some of the most creative and dare i say? Progressive work that i have seen grace newgrounds. Well done.

Fish Song - Soul Ape Fish Song - Soul Ape

Nice you cheater!

I like this song, which is why I will vote 5 on it but it isnt very sporting to vote 5 on all of your own songs just to get them at the top and it is a bit annoying since I am a submitter of audio myself. But nevertheless, tell ur bro that he is writing some pretty original music.

Zelda O.o.T Gerudo Fortress Zelda O.o.T Gerudo Fortress

Needs more texture

I am a zelda fan and so naturally i took a liking to this immediately. But I think that you need more in this. Not just you playing the song over a drum loop and some palm muted power chords. Couldn't you have added your own lttle lead bits or arpeggios in it? Perhaps even some violins or something? Otherwise, nice one!

FlameMesial responds:

Well, I could of put some leads, I'll give you that one, but I don't have a violin. Thanks anyway.

Never to Return Never to Return

Very atmospheric, with a hint of sadness.

This is a really nice piece of work with just a hint of melancholy in it. The perfect addition. Beautiful.

DigitalDan responds: